Anyone with a premature baby?

Hi espelli,

Thank you and lovely to hear from you.

My baby is now 4.5 months corrected and I just really wanted to get in touch with people who've also had a premmie or for any other reason had to spend time in NNU or SCBU.

I don't really mind if it is babies the same age, younger or older as it's merely to meet other people who share a similar experience and to hear their success stories and challenges.

It would be great to meet for a chat, I'll PM you my details.

Hi! I have a preemie! 29 weeks, she's almost 9m corrected now. (Medusa - I think I bought your beco carrier off you a while ago..)

We spent 7 weeks in NICU/SCBU. Especially in the early days it is nice to meet up with someone who understands the NICU/SCBU situation and your particular worries etc.

I pm'd the OP but would be nice to connect with others. Our DD2 is a 29 weeker (29+5) and we're still in SCBU at Kings. Hopefully home on oxygen soon. Due date was 19 July so she's -2 weeks corrected. Still feel a bit sad when I see heavily pregnant moms to be...but grateful she's here and safe. Would be great to meet up in the future, but for now I'm going to be at home with her for at least a month! If anyone has advice or words of wisdom on having a baby on oxygen at home would be gratefully received (and hope this isn't hijacking of the thread). And as OP said - first hand experiences are great to hear/read.

Moonshine, you should also check out the "Born Too Soon" group on Babycentre UK. It's really helpful on a variety of topics.

(edited to amend autocorrect!)

dildals, devsdev, lovely to hear from you both and thanks for your messages.

I am overwhelmed with all the messages received so far and it's really nice to hear there are other people out there who have gone through the same thing and who can understand your concerns and worries.

Devsdev: I don't have any experience of oxygen but I have a friend who knew someone who had a premmie who went home on oxygen, perhaps I can try and put you in touch with her if you'd like?

I will PM you both my details and perhaps we could meet or 'swap notes' sometime.

Thanks again all.