Piplings nursery Peckham Rye - feedback?

We are looking for a nursery for our daughter for next year when she'll be 1. I looked around Piplings (Peckham Rye) and was really impressed but have heard some negative things (albeit about the Forest Hill branch I think). Does anyone have any feedback, positive or negative? Or any nursery recommendations? We live near the southern point of Peckham Rye park (near the Herne Tavern) and are looking for somewhere close. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
The only thing I can feedback on is their sheer inability to reply to phone messages or emails. It's so frustrating when you're trying to plan your return to work and you get absolutely nothing back from them in terms of the likelihood of a place. I'm certainly looking into alternatives.

Thanks all. Douglas 2014 - couldn't agree more and was planning to post the same today. It sounds as though you are experiencing the same frustration as me. Starting in November, I have sent emails, left voicemails, phone messages with nursery staff and even completed online form and no response at all. We will be looking elsewhere too. A shame I only discovered this inability to communicate after I had paid the ?40 fee to go on the waiting list.

DD goes once a week, (she started in October) and we have been very impressed. They were really patient about settling her (I'd never left her before) and she now runs through the door and talks about her teachers and friends lots in between sessions. We found admin tricky when applying too, however I think they have recently employed a new admin person so hopefully these issues will soon be resolved. Haven't had a problem with getting hold of people since she started if that helps.

My 1 year old attends Piplings ED for 2 sessions a week. Agree that getting hold of the administrators is quite frustrating, but have also found that once you are in things are much easier; for example, we found organising an ad hoc day recently to be trouble free and got a very swift response from the manager. Also, we received notice of an available place only 1 month before my return to work, despite applying 4 months before hand; so OP you may yet hear from them!

Regarding the care, I am very satisfied. My baby obviously can't tell me how it is (!) but all the older children at pick up and drop off all seem very happy. Whilst settling her in the care I saw was genuine, with all children smiling, laughing, and engaged. I found that all the nursery staff were engaged with the children, whereas at some nurseries I visited I found some staff to just be observing, and not really interacting.

Generally very happy with my choice, but also feel your pain. So tricky when you have a return to work date and don't know if you have childcare sorted. Good luck!