Would you change your toddler's childcare to facilitate a nanny?

If like to preface this post with the info that I am very change adverse as it makes me very anxious and I like to keep continuity for my children but here goes.

Toddler Strawbs is 3 in oct and when I return to work in January (full time sadly) baby Strawbs will be 10m. I am thinking of instead of sending them both to nursery full time that I get a nanny and send toddler Strawbs part time ie 4 mornings a week. I have sourced the nanny as it is someone that used to work at toddler Strawbs' nursery that we still see regularly but I fear the current manager of his nursery will make it difficult for us even though we haven't signed anything (and Neither has the potential nanny) to say that staff can't work for parents post leaving but she had already contacted another ex worker there who she found out was doing babysitting for parents of the nursery to say she went supposed to be doing it. I am having a lawyer at my work check the paperwork but I can't see anything to say that it can't be done. Anyway do I go as far as changing th arrangement to toddler Strawbs to ensure that it's not awkward for us, the nanny who will be doing pick up and drop off and potentially toddler Strawbs if this woman gets difficult or do I change him to a pre school environment locally which will also save on cost (not a motivating factor but a plus) once jan comes and he gets his free hours. If I was to change him I'd do it in nov so then I am him for the first two months to deal with settling him in and making it ok for him or do I not change him and deal with the narky manager? Really just needs some thoughts on this as I don't know which way to go as don't want to upset toddler Strawbs with such a big change. I did take him to the pre school yesterday for a look and he was loving it but still...

Thanks and sorry I know that was a long one!

X

staff at Miss Oi's nursery often babysit for parents in the evening, and I know at least 2 who have gone on to be nannies for parents after they stopped working at the nursery. I don't know the legalities, but I can't see why on earth an ex-worker can't then be a nanny to nursery parents, seems very odd.

Have you seen the original employment contract between the potential nanny and the nursery? Such prohibitive clauses are very common in all sectors to stop people poaching clients / setting up competing business in same area. If it not covered in that contract or the agreement you have signed with the nursery then all fine. Should be plain English and easy to spot.

Yes I got it this week and no mention at all so think we are in the clear but I need to also get hold of th contract I signed when my eldest started at the nursery just to be sure all bases are covered but not sure how to without rousing suspicion and as I as on mat leave when I signed it I didn't keep a copy. X

Personally if I felt that I had to be sneaky about getting info from the nursery, and that the manger might be manipulative, I would leave that nursery. My personal comfort level is that I wouldn't have Little Saff in a nursery where the management and employees weren't fully supportive and transparent. If they're not 100% up front and professional about that, what else might they be less than professional about? The stress that would cause me would definitely be picked up by my daughter. I'm not great at hiding that kind of thing, but everyone is different of course. xx

How long ago did the nanny leave the employment of the nursery? Even if their contract with the nursery contained a restrictive covenant of this nature, it has to be reasonable and certainly wouldn't (and couldn't) last for ever!