BIG thankyou - have got hold of a copy - Ina May's Guide to Childbirth -can I borrow a copy?

Congratulations Victoria! I'm afraid I don't have that one but I have a hypnobirthing book (very useful and practical information) and a great book on homebirthing if either of those would be useful. Don't worry if not, won't be offended!

I have a copy somewhere which you're more than welcome to borrow if i can find it?I may have lent it to someone as I'm not sure off the top of my head where it is. I also have Dick Grantley Read's Childbirth Without Fear, which is worth a look too. Plus loads of other natural birth type books which might be interesting if you fancy?!

Also I'd recommend getting "Baby Catcher" which is by another US midwife although I can't remember her name and I lent my copy out, it's less about your birth than documenting her many birth experiences (home and hospital) and I read it when pregnant with my first and found it a lovely (sometimes emotional) read.

• 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I also strongly agree. My third daughter was lucky enough to get a place and it’s been the  most wonderful experience. The staff are simply amazing and truly care and love the children. I wish my older two children had been lucky enough to attend. 
    • Halfmoon Montessori is simply amazing. Staff are so loving and nurturing. My daughter loves it there. They usually close at 3pm as they work with the local schools in the area but now offer wrap around care on some days. 
    • Frank Field -  a decent politician.   Frank Field, Baron Field of Birkenhead - Wikipedia
    • The alternative would be to let them free, to be predated on and without parents to teach them the necessities of survival. Clearly this is an unhelpful model of instruction, but, given the ducklings have been born and will not survive without parental care (unless they are hand reared in the school - which I doubt has the capacity of skill for this) then gassing them is the most 'humane' action. The school should perhaps have thought through what is the likely outcome for ducklings which are not being reared by either skilled farmers or ducks. I suspect that the duckings would not be saleable to farmers having been initially born and raised in circumstances which were not sterile for introduction into larger flocks. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In