bathroom inspiration

We have a tiny bathroom and did it a few years ago. It looks much bigger now with a few tricks on the eye. Use big tiles on the floor and have them climb a few inches up the wall as your skirting. Makes the floor look bigger. Keep the vanity off the floor, pick something attached to the wall. Ideally same with toilet. We hid our cistern in the wall. We built a bath panel with an indent in the bottom and put a strip of lights under the bath that makes it look floating..

We just had a small shower room designed for our loft (I think about 1.8m x 2.something) and Tony of Bells on Lordship Lane did a fantastic job of designing it as I was tearing my hair out with unhelpful high street stores. I went in and they sat me down and did a CAD for me and then within my budget were able to direct me to choose the fittings while taking account my must haves (eg big shower with sliding door but no dust traps and creaky mechanisms; concealed toilet cistern and sink)and suggesting nice extras like a big wall to wall mirror to make the space feel bigger.

As they are independent they have a huge range of choices so were able to find me fittings that matched our dimensions and style perfectly. What I hadnt realised is that with bathrooms, you can pretty much always find something in the dimension you want if you know where to look eg they found me a nice low profile shower tray at 1800x600 but I could have got it in 1500x600, 1400x600 and so on.

There was no obligation to buy but i was more than happy to, given the level of care they took over the design (several hours!) I don't know how the price compared to high street stores but it was within the budget I gave them.

Now I just can't wait for it to be finished and have chosen neutral tiles from Topps Tiles.