Activities to do with 2 children with a large age gap

Hi

I wondered if there was anyone out there in a similar position that has already solved my dilemma, I have two children one is 8 and the other is 2. Currently they are taking it turns to do things over the summer holidays, which is fine but I wish there were a few things they could both do and enjoy together.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Scarlett

What about a splash park? Im sure an 8yo would enjoy running around in the water as it splashes about? As would a 2 yo? At danson park in welling the splash park is lovely and the play areas are not just for little kids with a zip wire etc. Lovely boating lake too. :)

Soft play centres, Peckham pulse/beckenham spa/Gambados in beckenham.

A day out to a farm, pleases children of all ages.

Bike hire in dulwich park, they have these funny low bikes for older children and then family bikes too.

Swimming!

My oldest is 7.5 and youngest is 2 (with a 6 year old in the middle). I find most things are suitable for all of them really - soft play (although I hate going to them so it doesn't happen often!), swimming, parks, Horniman and other museums, sandpit by the Horniman etc. My youngest enjoys chasing her siblings around!

Hanging out around the Southbank? There's the fountains and the beach is right by the skateboard area so the older one can watch that while the younger pootles in the sand. Often lots on and it's not too kiddy for the 8 year old. Just wandering down along the river and seeing what's going on usually keeps my 8 year old happy. Lots of coffee options etc for parents too.

Further afield, Leeds Castle had brilliant play areas for both older and younger kids, right next to each other. Hall Place for lovely gardens to run around in and a nice cafe (they often run kids activities over the summer).

We have been to the Olympic Park today with a group of children aged from 3 to 8 1/2. It's definitely good for a change - water fountains, a couple of playgrounds and all of them had a great time despite the showers! You can also book swimming at the Olympic Pool - I think you could take a 2 and 8 year old in by yourself but you would have to check.

Went to bockett farm in Surrey today with 7.5yr old and 2yr old (bday today!) and it was brilliant, one of the best family days out we've had - great activities for all ages - including the awesome pig race:-). It's an hour a away but Def worth it - we'll be back there this hols x