Haircut help for mixed race toddler boy

Parents of black or mixed race children, can you recommend a place in the area where I can take my son to have his hair cut?

My boy is not known for his ability to sit still for any long periods of time so would be a bonus if they are quick and or are good at distracting young children.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Hi my partner has taken our 3 year old to Slickmanz barbers on Dartmouth Road in Forest Hill. I haven't been myself but apparently they have a children's barber seat which seemed to go down quite well! They also didn't cut away all the curls which is what I was worried about!

• 4 months later...

Make sure you don't take a child that can't seat still to Jazz's Barbers. My son is quite good seating still but when the barber pulled his hair he kept moving and the barber kept getting angry with him and pulling his hair even more.

Nightmare experience today at Jazz's Barbers with our 4 year old. I wouldn't recommend anyone with young children to go there!

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, my son is of mixed race and has very curly hair. I take him to 'The Little Clipper' on Northcross Road, Dulwich. They're excellent and the children get to watch a cartoon on a mini personal screen so they're entertained & sit still. I struggled to find someone that could handle his curly hair & they're been great. Can't reccomend them enough.

The barbers next to E.D station.. next to the nail shop. can not remember what it is called! ask for Bobby. My son is mixed/ghanian. Bobby is lovely,allows him to touch the sheers/razor whatever you call them! Relates it to cars, bumble bees etc.. Manages to get my son to sit still for most of it and on his own in the bigboy chair. Good luck!