Counselling courses

Knowing the wide variety of knowledge and experience among familyroomers I'm hoping that someone will be able to advise me on how to choose a good counselling course. I'm interested in an introductory course needing no knowledge or experience of counselling and looking at what's on offer in London there are loads with widely differing fees, different focuses and accreditation from different bodies. How do I pick a good one that will give me a really good overview of various approaches and stand me in good stead if I want to proceed with further training to become a counsellor? Thanks in advance.

When I did my Counselling course via Lewisham College, Morley College were also running a course.

If you do a basic Bereavement Counselling Course - this will give you experience and some inkling as whether you want to take a higher qualification. I had done counselling as part of my social work training, but did the bereavement course as I wanted more in depth understanding. I was also on placement in a counselling and social work agency - so I could back up the theory with the practical. Bromley Colleeg (if it still exsists, also did a counselling course. City Lit may offer some as well.