For info - townley road dentist shut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They are just carrying out a refurb but it's taking longer than they originally anticipated. I am not sure the staff were given much notice as I was halfway through a course of treatment when I was notified of the closure. I'm not best pleased that I'm now having to wait an additional couple of weeks to finish the treatment.

The answer phone message seems to have stopped and now the phone just rings out.

I think it was pretty poor of them not notifying their patients that the refurbishment was going ahead, and then of not keeping them updated as to the situation.

• 2 weeks later...
It's 15th September and Townley Road dentist still seems to be closed, no answer message and the place looks abandoned. I have had to find another dentist in an emergency as a crown that was fitted by them at over ?500 has come out after 2 months, the other dentist was very scathing about the poor quality of work and I might have to have a new one. How do I complain about this dental practice which seems to have vanished?

I have not been a patient at this practise but accompanied a very nervous friend there a couple of months ago.

Rather than it being a calm place, the [?]owner was showing round the builders, letting them bang on walls outside treatment rooms, talking loudly about refurb plans whilst in the waiting room , ignoring patients etc and it all seemed very inappropriate. It clearly wasn't patients first and , from what everyone is saying here, it still looks like that.

• 2 weeks later...