Sleep training 6 month old - help!

My daughter of 6 months becomes a party animal at bedtime! Once put in her cot and I walk out the door the tears start and dont stop until I come back in to shhhh her to sleep. I have read many methods and a bit confused of what is best to do.

She used to be good at going to bed but not anymore!

We have a calm bedtime routine but this seems to make no difference.

Any experienced mothers who have advice, I would much appreciate it if you could share it.

Thanks so much!

There's a sleep regression at about 6-8 months. (Seemed to me like they were every 2 months, tbf). Your choices at this point are either controlled crying/cry it out/whatever variant you want to do on that, or continue calming her. We would sit with our son until he went off until he was about 15 months old, and then we did controlled crying after he refused to self soothe - once we started that it took about 3 nights (2 hours to sleep the first night, 20 minutes the second, 6 the third.), and felt like idiots that we hadn't done it sooner - I think with hindsight, I'm glad we didn't do it earlier.

Loads of methods, they all conflict. Do the one that feels right for you. (That said, we were super against trying controlled crying, because it felt mean, and had tried everything else, and it was a last resort. We did 1 min/2 minute/3 minute/5 minute intervals. Getting up every five minutes for two hours is grim and upsetting.)

Just be aware that if you do do controlled crying now, you may find yourself having to repeat it several times when teething/developmental changes kick in. My first is v difficult to get down, no 2 loved his sleep, so I think it's baby personality too. I'm sure the humid hot nights aren't helping but with the nights starting to draw in hopefully it will start improving soon...