Term time only childcare

Searching for childcare in Tulse Hill/Brixton Hill/Herne Hill area, starting December 2014, for a 7-month-old. Full-time or 4-days-a week (tbc). Open to either nursery or childminder, but keen to find someone/somewhere who offers term-time only rates as my partner is a teacher and will take over during school holidays.

Can anyone recommend a nursery or childminder they've used for term-time only, or are any childminders reading this who might have space come December?

thanks

I don't think non-school nurseries offer term-time only, and your child would have to be 3 to go to a school nursery. My husband is a teacher and we've managed to find 2 childminders who are happy to do term-time only (they've both had their own school-age children). First one we found by phoning round the list provided by Southwark Council, second by advertising on ED forum (family classifieds section).

My husband and I are both teachers and it has been my experience that private nurseries don't advertise term-time only care but that some are willing to come to an agreement if you ask. Our daughter does two days a week at nursery during the holidays, which we find invaluable when doing the inevitable school work during holidays, and which we feel helps with her continuity of care.

My childminder offered term time only childcare for me - I think that is the best option as nurseries generally don't. But do think about it carefully. I did start to regret NEVER having anytime away from children - I was either with teenagers or toddlers and would often start the new school term more knackered than the end of term (whilst all other teachers were bright eyes and ready to go). Even just one day a week would have been valuable.....

I'm a teacher and struggled to find term term only Childcare. The nurseries I found that offered this were only open school hours. As mentioned there are some childminders who are happy to have the school holidays off, I'd recommend putting a post in the family room classifieds of you haven't already.

In the end I found a fantastic childminder who charges half pay in the holidays and it means I have the option of Childcare too. Teaching and parenthood are quite relentless and it's nice to be able to have the odd day off from both in the school hols.