Grey Coat school application?

Sol

Hi; is there anybody living in Dulwich with a daughter at the Grey Coat School who can provide some information; I am thinking of applying but the criteria for places seems a bit confusing; what's the best way to get in?; is it very difficult to get a language place?; what's the commuting like? is your daughter happy?

Thank you

I cannot give current information but going back some 15 years ago a neighbour (Dulwich Library area) sent her daughters to this school. They left around 7 am to get bus to Victoria and then a tube to get them to school for 8.45. Got home anytime from 5.30 - 6.30 pm due to traffic. Both girls were glad at the end of week to have a lie in.

I have seen a few girls recently going to grey coats school going in via herne hill to Victoria - it's about a 15 min walk or 5 min on high frequency bus (507) from Victoria. And have seen a few going in from Peckham rye - Victoria too. Herne hill route much easier. Looks doable but would need a lot of stamina I think especially in first couple of years. Good luck x

Hi ya

I went to Greycoats, granted it was 20 years ago, but I travelled from NW london, I don't remember the traveling ever being an issue, the lower school used to be in sloane square I had a fab time, the only thing I would say it encouraged my love of shopping, walking down the kings road and then Victoria everyday, but I had a fab time x That doesn't really answer your question, but just to say if you do choose to send your daughter there, the journey is doable and it's a great school, I have seen a few girls from the village going so your daughter will have travel partners.