Goodrich Reception 2014 - Settling in Procedure??

Hi there, I have just been offered this and after much deliberation and taking into account the fact that the school is much much more convenient than the one that we had accepted a place at, I think we are going to have to take it.

I just wondered whether there were any plans for any more meet ups before term starts - if not I would be happy to organise one so please get in touch if interested.

Also if anyone has a clue what the settling in procedure and start date for reception is (broadly) I would be interested to hear as Southwark have just told me that I will not find out which class etc and when we need to be there until September which seems RIDICULOUS!

thanks

Welcome to our school!

Last year, our daughter attended only mornings for the first week. Her first day was also quite late after the official back to school date. On the official back to school day or the day after, we had a home visit from the teacher and teaching assistant, which we had signed up for in June. Hopefully some parents with reception children will be able to tell you more about this year's schedule.

If I can help with other questions you have, please let me know, I'd be happy to help.

The first week for Reception this year starts on Monday 8th September, but not all children will start that day. There is a staggered start with a few children starting each day over the course if that week. The children will also only be going in for half days for the first week (mornings), starting full time on Monday 15th September. The class teachers are doing home visits the previous week (w/c 1st September).

Information about the uniform, etc is on the website I think, but if not please let me know and I'll dig out the letter we were given at the class visit in July for you.

So...we have our youngest starting Goodrich reception in September, and have friends' kids going into the other two classes too. As far as I can gather (and this is only my deductions so not by any means gospel)...

Normal school starts Sept 2nd

Reception starts the week after and have 1/2 days (1.10 pick up) for the first week.

Class 20 start on Monday 8th

Class 21 start on Tuesday 9th

Class 22 start on Wednesday 10th.

For the first week there's no breakfast or after school club either.

Hopefully someone can verify or otherwise....

Thanks all so much, it's such a relief to know the rough arrangement even though we won't know class specifically until September.

One of the other edffers has kindly offered to send me a copy of all her paperwork.

Hope to meet all of you soon! Maybe before term starts for a picnic or something ? If you're interested PM me.

If it's anything like usual, which class will make no difference to starting days. Each class will stagger the children in over so you could be starting any day that week. And it will be mornings only until the end of the week and then starting full days the following Monday (even if he/she only started on Friday 12th).