Winter babies club (due Dec 2014, Jan/Feb 2015)

Hello! I'm expecting a second baby on Feb 3rd and would love to meet other mums to be.

I joined a group when I was expecting my daughter and made some lovely friends (and found a lot of excuses to go out for cake pre-baby arrival and to the pub post-baby arrival!)

SJK

Hello! Another one here expecting second baby 9th January. I also was part of the winter baby club a few years ago and meet a fab bunch of ladies including the lovely espelli (hello!) so would love to meet up with some others.

Hi! Another second timer, baby due end of Dec, first born little boy will be 22 months. Unfortunately whiling away the hours leisurely eating cake with a bump/pre crawling baby are a distant memory but would love to have a park catch up and cake on the run!

I am also expecting my second in January. My first is 16 months. It will be great to meet some other second timers - I have nice memories of sitting in coffee shops eating cake with my first asleep in my arms but I think it will be quite different this time around with a 22 month old running around causing havoc!

Hi everyone. Another second timer here - due end of Dec (26th eek!). First will be 27months by then. Would be lovely to meet up with some more mums closer to "the time" especially as I have no plans to do antenatal classes this time around. As a side issue, does anyone have a pregnancy yoga class that they would recommend that runs on Sat or Sun mornings? I did a brilliant class with Sue Stockwell last time who still teaches at Brockwell Lido but i'm finding it practically impossible to make the times that her classes are on.

Hi all - I'm also expecting my second in December and am keen to meet up with other mums nearer the time and after "the time"! My daughter is 2 1/2 and we've moved to Dulwich recently so no "mum friends" as yet... Look forward to meeting you all!

Like LHF we're new to the area and expecting our 2nd end of dec. (1st boy 2yrs old. id been wondering how to meet other mums due the same time without antenatal classes etc. Thank you to whoever set this thread up.

Definitely keen to find some friends I can hang out with despite being knackered and looking like I haven't slept in days. Talking of which, I'm a bit worried about long nights with a winter newborn. Last time the nights felt pretty long even tho it was august.

Hello Addie, I'm also (already) losing sleep over how to cope with a vibrant toddler by day and a newborn by night!

There seem to be a good group of us already on this post, and all second timers too.

Does anyone currently have their first child in nursery or childcare? Do you think you will continue that when on maternity leave? I hope we can but maternity pay not looking that promising!

ps. Is it too early to arrange a meet up for a group coffee/ non-alcoholic beverage?

SJK.

I'm still at home with my son who is 14 months old. Plan was to find a job to go back to this September but as baby nr 2 is due in January it seems a bit pointless!

We have no childcare atm but are considering some sort of mothers help for when nr 2 arrives, mainly to help out with my son who will be 19 months by then....

I'm free to meet daytime if anyone is around, could do evenings too but husband doesn't come home til late most evenings so daytime is definitely easier (with toddler in tow...)

Hi All, Really glad to see this post! I'm also expecting my second, due 24th January, by which time my first will be 27 months. I didn't go back to work so am around to meet up during the day. My daughter is starting nursery next week, just two days but will definitely keep her there when number two arrives as I don't know how I'm going to cope otherwise! Would be lovely to meet up.

My son is currently at nursery 3 days a week in Forest Hill. We'll definitely have to take him out as it costs a small fortune + there's no way we'll be able to afford it on maternity pay. I'm quite worried about entertaining an active toddler who's used to being at nursery + looking after a newborn at the same time. Also, breastfeeding + potty training...!

I'm off work on Fridays - usually go to the Horniman Triangle in the mornings. Also free Monday afternoons 2-3pm for a coffee (I look after my elderly dad in ED while my son goes to a relative).

All-in-One Fridays in Darrell Road could be a good option for a meet-up.

x

Annoyingly I work full time (I'm hoping I can reduce my daughter's nursery days without jeopardising her place once I'm on maternity leave - for cost reasons and the fact I miss her!) so weekends and evenings are easiest for meeting up.

But I do have a day off on Friday 5th September if Fridays are good for others to meet.

I am at home full-time - I was made redundant just before having my son and didn't find another job before deciding to get on with having a second! We are thinking about nursery a couple of mornings a week when the second one comes. I think it would be good for my son to have some baby-free time and for me to have a bit of a break!

I am around most of the time. Fridays are generally good. We are away on holiday on 5th Sept but go ahead with that date as I can join the next meet-up...with a toddler in tow!

Hi All, I am due mid-December with our second baby. My partner gave birth to the first so it's a first and second time experience for me. I do work full time at the moment but would love to meet up with other Mums that have a toddler as well (mine will be 29 months when the new one arrives) in the coming months if I can. Weekends would be ideal but will try to fit in with what everyone else can do.

Hello

I'm due 12th Jan with my second, first is 3, would love to meet up with other mums. I teach Pilates in the evening so generally free during the day most days for meet ups, Maurice is starting nursery mornings in a couple of weeks' time so I'd be without toddler after that for quiet coffee meet ups, or toddler fun play dates in afternoons.

Looking forward to meeting up with other mums to be! And yes discussions of juggling logistics of toddler madness with breastfeeding etc would be useful!

x

Oh and Zedd, there is a pregnancy yoga class at the Gaia studio on Maxted road on Saturday mornings at 9.30am, new term starts this Saturday. i haven't been yet as she's been on holiday for a while and Ive been going to my regular yoga classes but am planning to go this Saturday if she has space.

Hi all, I have just realised it's going be tricky for me to meet on 5th September.

Hmmm, I wondered whether anyone would like to meet for a coffee one Saturday morning, perhaps Saturday 6th September. I might try to see if husband will mind toddler for a couple of hours so I can have a chat, but if not I'll bring her with me. We could choose child-friendly venue for anyone else bringing little'uns.

By then we might have a few more winter babies joining and some first time mums too. X

We won't be back from our holiday until 17th but can join the next meet-up.

Yes good point SJK - we don't seem to have any first time mums. Please don't be put off joining if you are a first time mum reading this - the group seems oddly second baby heavy at the moment but I'm sure that will change over the next few months.

And besides, for various reasons I am still going into this second time around feeling like I haven't got a clue what I'm doing re labour and the birth and slightly terrified so we are definitely not all going to know it all already!