Kids ski wear recommendation

Does anyone have any recommendations for kids skiwear? Ideally something warm but lightweight.

Also, for those who have been with kids before, is it best to put them in an all-in-one affair, or a two piece (thinking of ease of going to the toilet if he's in ski school etc). He'll be 4 when we go.

Advice/experience very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Our two are 3 and 4, we use two pieces for ease of going to the bathroom but ensured the sallopettes were dungaree style with poppers to ensure toasty warm and no snow could get down trousers when falling.

We bought everything from this website;

https://www.icanski.co.uk

Can't recommend enough, have everything you can possibly need, clever gadgets to make skiing with kids easier and were super helpful when I called them to discuss helmets.

Everything arrived really quickly and well packaged and all very reasonably priced too.

Have fun, after a rocky start for my youngest my two now both love skiing now and my 4 year old is happily skiing blues and riding chair lifts - which still scares me!!

Ski wear aside, biggest must is a great English speaking ski school! The first time we took our kids skiing the instructors, whilst lovely, didn't speak much English. Neither child was that keen. The second trip we went to a fantastic ski school that had a bouncy castle, "sand" toys, a warm hut with DVD's etc and instructors fluent in English. It made all the difference!

the reality is there are few English speaking 3/4 year old learner skiers, they are a minority which makes choosing a ski school carefully an absolute must.

Where are you off to?

Thank you both, that's really helpful and great shout about the ski school. We're going to Obergurgl in Austria which in my experience had good English speaking instructors, but I will definitely make a few enquiries to work out the best bet for ski school for my son, I'm really hoping he loves it!

Obergurgl is lovely, one of my favourites and very snow sure. The Apr?s ski is fantastic and finishes in time for dinner too so perfect for small people! The Neiderhutte is the place to go for that!

Esprit have a fantastic reputation for English kids ski schools - a good starting point would be to see who they use.

The edelweiss and Gurgle hotel has the most amazing spa facilities if you fancy some pampering :)

Have fun :)

We're staying at the Edelweiss Clare, fancy that! I love Overgurgl so much, went every year before I had my son (I think it's the Nederhutte that enticed me back!) so I just can't wait to experience it now with my family. It's a celebration trip for my 30th birthday so a real special treat - will definitely be making the most of it. Xx

Sounds fantastic, what a lovely birthday treat.

Everyone there seems to be a repeat visitor. You will have a fantastic time. It's a great area for your son to learn too :)

I've been a few times and always maintain its hard if not impossible to beat that spa! Think I always return a stone heavier from the amazing food too!

I do find the picture windows of the treatment rooms (looking out over the home run) a little disconcerting ;)

I want to go back to obergurgl now :)

Sports Direct does great skiwear, very affordable! When the kids were small we always used all-in-one skisuits. When they just start to learn there's a lot of falling over, all-in-one ensures they stay warm and dry. Just make sure you bring several pairs of gloves as they can take quite long to dry properly.