Charity fun day in memory of a 2-year-old from SE23. Please help us!

Bishberro

Morning, I know this isn't officially a 'discussion' post but I'm trying to spread the word about an amazing family fun day that's happening in Catford on Saturday 13th September. My friend Rachel and her family who live in Forest Hill have organised the day to help raise funds for the charity ?Dreams Come True? after her 2-year-old son Myles (who has a twin sister Mia) died in February this year after a nine-month battle with cancer. Three weeks before he died,?Dreams Come True? made it possible for their family to visit London Zoo. Myles loves animals and had a brilliant day and it provided Rachel and her husband Jonny with some precious memories and photographs. The loss of a child is the most devastating thing any parent can face and Rachel has put all of her energies into organising a fun day in Myles' memory and to raise money to help make other seriously and terminally ill children?s dreams come true and give families, like theirs, some special memories. There are 40,000 children undergoing palliative care in the UK every year and Dreams Come True?s passion is to try and reach every one of them. We want to make the day a huge success but we need your help. You can help by firstly coming along to the fun day at the Jubilee sports ground in Catford on Saturday 13th September from 11am until 4pm. There is an amazing line up of things on offer from dance and football workshops, stalls, food, drink, bouncy castles, animal displays, Monkey Music classes, hula hooping. Rod Campbell, author of the well-known children's book 'Dear Zoo', will be doing a story telling session as will other well known children's authors. Please see the website for more details www.dreamsfunday.co.uk

Please help us spread the word by liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter @dreamsfunday

We are also after donations of good quality books (adults and childrens) and almost new clothes (so clothes that perhaps still have their tags on that you have gone off or never worn for whatever reason). We are also after donations of cakes that we can sell on the day. Please PM me if you think you can help in any way. We really appreciate you support x