Singing lessons for a 4-year-old

millsa

Hello, we met a professional singing teacher on a holiday abroad who told us that our four-year-old daughter can sing pretty well and it might be worth signing her up for some professional singing lessons. She is only four so we don't want to push her into anything, but considering she sings all the time and seems to love it, we could give it a go. Can anyone recommend a professional teacher who works with young kids? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

There's a children's choir in Camberwell which runs sessions every Saturday during term time. It's not proper coaching but might be worth looking in to to see if it's something your daughter might enjoy:

http://www.camberwellchoirschool.org.uk/

They do a performance each term which I believe every group gets involved in with the exception of the 0-3, which is like hearding cats!

Crokes Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Lucy Sparkles does musicianship classes for 4 year

> olds. Highly recommended as helps with singing and

> prep for learning an instrument. See her posts on

> here for more info.

My children do this class as well, and they really enjoy it. I have noticed them improve their pitch and rythmn as well, so they are learning as well as having fun :)

Four is very young for voice lessons and she may be better off starting with an instrument such as piano to develop her hear. However, if you'd really prefer voice lessons, I give voice lessons from my home in Herne Hill and have experience working with young children. www.elizabethhungerford.com The first lesson is free to see if it is a good fit, so we could always give it a try to see how she takes to it! x