Is there a good time to book flights?

stellakis

I realise flights are expensive during school holidays, but wondered if there's a 'better time' to book them?

We're flying to Malaga for the May half term, flights have just been released but seem extortionate. Is there a fluctuation throughout the year, ie will they ever decrease for a period of time?

Thanks!

in terms of times of day i read an article that said it is best to book flights in the afternoon as most business travel is booked in the morning and holiday flights usually get booked in the evening so the afternoon has the cheapest fluctuation in flights, no idea if there is any truth in it..

i booked easy jet flight to majorca for july just gone on the day they were released last october and kept checking them again through the next few months just to see and they were never any cheaper

We just booked Portugal flights for next year (summer holidays) as couldn't risk paying the prices they were when I looked at Europe flights in spring of this year. I used skyscanner and fiddled with dates as accommodation people were flexible this early on. We have paid ?800 including luggage for 4x full flights. Still feels like a lot but am pleased it's booked and haven't seen anything cheaper since - although am scared that more will come online in October at a cheaper price point, but just didn't want to risk being over a barrel once accomm deposit is paid for next month.