Milk at nursery

Mathilda

So my 9 month old has started nursery 2.5 days a week and has settled in great. My one worry is that she hardly drinks any milk when she is there. At home she is still breastfed and would have maybe 3 x BF during the day, but at nursery she will have 60 ml max milk from a sippy cup (bottle refuser) during the whole day. Is this OK - it doesn't seem enough? She eats really well, drinks water and still feeds at night, I was planning to try and cut down on the night feeds but maybe I shouldn't. Any experiences / advice would be great! Thanks.

My 11mo has just started 3 days a week and until she started settling in she was still feeding through the night and two or 3 times in day. She also doesn't really drink milk at nursery (a bit occasionally from a grippy cup) but seems to be doing fine. It's also coincided with her suddenly sleeping through the night *hallelujah* so I was really worried she was going to starve but nope, seems absolutely fine... Have been feeding her as normal on non-nursery days

My son hardly drank any milk from about 8 months. He ate really well including cream cheese, milk on cereal and yoghurts. He still had2 breast feeds per day but wasn't interested in milk. He was/is fine! At nearly 3 he quite likes the odd drink of milk now but it's not part of his every day routine. My daughter didn't drink much milk either but I breast fed her at night for ages. I'm sure she'll be fine!

Am in fairly similar position - DS has took 200mls from hubbie once when I deliberately went out to "test"

him, but generally 60-80mls is as much as I expect him to take. Have nights varying from sleeping for 10 hr stretches to waking every few hours (consistency is highly over rated!).

He has his first full day at the CM's this wk so am nervous as to what it and the coming weeks will bring, but know that he won't fade away. Remember having similar worries with DD & suddenly everything clicked into place (plus milk became less important).

By this age, they only need around 500ml a day which includes milk in food which isn't much.

Maybe stick out the night feeds until you feel she's properly settled at nursery - might be she drops them herself once the dust settles (fingers crossed)