Magic Moments is open again

Meathgirl

My little boy has been going to Magic Moments for two years since he turned 18 months, after reading recommendations on the forum, they don't seem to advertise, and when we went back this Monday it was very quiet since so many children have moved on to reception year so I wanted to put the word out. It's such a warm environment for little ones, Lynda and Tessa are lovely, and the set up is ideal for stay at home mums or dads who need a break. They open four mornings a week, 10-12.15, you can do one or more days and it costs ?10. The nursery is at 2 Bew Court in the big estate off Lordship Lane, best time to pop in is before the doors close at 10.30am. I don't have the landline number but Lynda's mobile is 07973 360068.

I was going to do the same, as noticed it was quiet today when my little girl went.

We have had an association with this lovely little nursery for over 5 years now, my older two children spent a couple of very happy years there prior to going to school nursery, and my youngest has been there since January.

A gem of a place, with genuinely loving staff who are brilliant with little children.

No, they don't have an online presence at all, part of what makes it such a nice little place! The best way to get in touch is to phone Lynda on the number listed above, or pop in at about 10am one morning before the doors are closed for the morning.

Just 5 children at the Friday session today (with 3 adults). As much as I love the fact that my little one gets such great attention, I'm sure they would be happy to see some new faces - as a stay at home Mum it's a nice way to end the week having 2 hours to myself on a Friday morning.

The sessions are very gently structured - circle time (with a biscuit) where they take the register, talk about days of the week, shapes, seasons etc. They do a little craft activity (some kind of sea creature today, my daughters gluing tends to be a bit haphazard), and at the end they get fruit and juice while stories are read.

There are lots of cars, dolls & buggies, cooking equipment, books, play dough etc.

My middle daughter started at 19 months, and I think sometimes there are slightly younger children. It depends a bit on the child - my youngest couldn't even walk at 15 months so there's no way she could have gone earlier (she was 2 when she started), but my middle daughter was very capable and could easily have gone younger.

Have a chat to them, they will let you know what they think x