question for owners of Uppababy Vista

After many hours of research, I'm thinking of buying the Uppababy Vista. We walk a lot so I want something sturdy, but when we're not walking we're usually on the bus. I'm worried that the Vista is very wide and this could be a problem, although according to Which it does fit on a bus. Can anyone tell me what this is like in reality? Does it fit on the front/down the aisle of a standard double decker? I know all pushchairs are buggered by the annoying pole in the wheelchair space if there's two of you in there, but does this squeeze in or is it going to be a real pain?

Thanks!

(p.s. I'm not interested in the Uppababy Cruz as wheels are too small for the off-roading we do).

Hi there,

We have this pram and it's not always easy to manoeuvre on a bus but it's usually doable. You can get on at the front on some double deckers but there seems to be a model where it's not possible. Annoyingly I have yet to work out how to spot the difference in models so I usually just ask the drivers to open the doors at the back regardless and they're usually quite happy to do this. Occasionally they insist I get on at the front, in which case we normally fit!

Regarding getting two in the space, again I have usually managed on this front although it has sometimes involved rearranging and getting the smaller of the two buggies to squeeze in first. I'm not sure how the uppababy compares to other big 'travel systems' on this - it is certainly the widest of any I've seen but I'm not sure whether to the extent that it makes a difference on the bus.

I hope that helps a bit - basically, it's definitely not the most bus friendly pram out there but it's usually workable one way or another.

Thanks carebear, that's really useful to know. I read on the TfL website that double pushchairs can get on at the back but single ones "have to" use the front, and if they don't fit you have to fold them to get down the aisle - which of course is impossible if you're on your own and there's a baby (and/or shopping) in the pushchair. It's a really stupid policy but if you find that most drivers will let you on the back then that's great. Thanks.