Zippos circus

trinity

Our family loves this annual pilgrimage and saw a fab show today despite the 'traditional Italian clowns' - we just weren't quite in the zone for them. The solo modern clown was fab and the contortionist and Cuban gymnasts too. Love it and Norman was slick as ever :)

It's about 2.5 hours, with an interval. My nearly 3 year old sat through it, popcorn helped!

We were there yesterday and it was fab, Cuban gymnasts were amazing! Much to my amusement my husband was picked to go on stage! Not sure if he'll be willing to go next year...

Hate to be a party pooper but we went yesterday and felt it wasn't a patch on last year! Where were the motorbikes and the amazing horseback rider? And has it got MORE sexist?! And was the (otherwise excellent 'modern' clown) gag where he took people off stage and shot them really ok? And don't even get me started on the old style clowns...

I agree, Hercules, the contortionist, modern clown and Cuban gymnasts where great but the rest, including Norman, seemed to have somewhat lost their shine, for me.

Booooooooo.....

Thanks for the info... we went to yesterday's show and my four year old did really enjoy it (wanted to go back today. erm not happening). I couldn't stand the modern clown routine, couldnt hear a word of Norman's patter so no offence there, felt uneasy about the horses and distinctly uncomfortable with parts of the trad clown routine... But, my daughter LOVED it and the acrobats, contortionist and strongman were great. Better her dad takes her next year, rather than someone with a clown aversion!

I thought there was less sexist patter from Norman this year, but maybe that depends on the performance. The Cuban acrobats were amazing; a definite improvement on the motorbikes for me. And it does amaze me that my children still find Norman and the budgies hilarious, despite having seen pretty much the same routine with the same jokes for year after year. He did look slightly more doddery this time round though.

It was our first time this year...my girls age 5 and 7 loved it and for me and hubby it was our first circus too. I have to say we all had a great time...I think my jaw dropped a few times in the first half with the acrobatic stunts they were doing- twists and turns in the air. Even the budgies were fabulous.

I'm just wondering why I waited so long to go...will defo be back next year.

The only party pooper comment I have is the poor comedian guy who was trying to get male volunteers in the second half had to work very hard as so many men turned him down and refused to go into the ring......I felt sorry for him so volunteered my other half who happily joined in on the act. Fun stuff :)