Visiting the Olympic park this Sunday

pilsbury

I'm afraid I agree with oimissus - underwhelming.

Firstly, it's massive. Huge. So getting anywhere with kids takes ages and they're knackered or complaining.

Second, it's still very new and immature. The planting is yet to really bed in and it still feels very "artificial".

On the plus side, there is a Giraffe at Westfield which caters well for kids and is bearable for adults and the water play park was good fun. Probably not at this time of year though.

I'm surprised by the above comments because I really like it and I think it's a good place to meet with kids if the weather is ok. Yes it is really vast and since it's a bit cold now for the water fountains I would just head straight to the Timber Lodge playground, which is the best play area: 11 on this map - http://queenelizabetholympicpark.co.uk/the-park/plan-your-visit/park-map That will conserve everyone's energy because it is a long long way if you go into the park where the fountains are and then walk to the Timber Lodge. The easiest way to get straight to the TL is to go out the back of the shopping centre and along the road. There is a Timber Lodge cafe, which I found underwhelming and expensive with a big queue. But there are lots of places to eat in Westfield as others have mentioned or you could take your own food. I hope you have a fab day.

the Timber Lodge wasn't secure and it was very busy when we went so younger ones were getting stuck inside things, and there's so much of it where you can't see them, no chance of sitting with your mates and having a chat while the kids play. And the fountains were rubbish - they came knee high to my 4 year old at the highest - given that the previous week we'd been to Somerset House where the fountains get to about 10 feet high, that was a big disappointment. You'd been fine at the mo as it's not hot but the biggest issue for me was the lack of shade, we went on a scorcchio day and it was awful.

Most of the playgounds round here are better.

We really enjoyed the park in the summer.Massive open areas to run around and the fountains were fun too.We hired 2 bikes and a trailer for our toddler and had a great afternoon out riding around the park.Cannot remember the name of the bike hire company I'm afraid but they are based in green converted containers past the Orbital.They seem a little bit disorganised but we did get the only trailer they had in the end and was ?15 in total.They had a cafe inside that smelt delicious.Agree with other the Timber cafe was underwhelming.