Intensive Driving Course

SR

I need to learn to drive, on mat leave and the reality of getting 2 little ones to 2 places before I get to work is fast approaching. Has anyone done an intensive course, any recommendations - google finds this company would be good to hear someone has successfully used them - or not.. before I take the plunge. - http://intensivecourses.co.uk/general-information/about-intensive-driving-courses

thanks

My husband used these guys having had a rubbish experience with an ED instructor leading to 3 failed tests.

They allocated him to a local instructor who got him through (as well as teaching him far more than a year of lessons with the other instructor). I wish I could remember her name, (?Heather or Elaine) I never met her myself, but wanted to hug her for getting my husband so much more confident (& would love to send him back to her for a refresher/advanced driving course).

Hi SR,

I organised my own intensive course by booking 2 hours every day after work for 2 weeks + an hour at a weekend. It also meant I learnt on local roads. It really helped that I cycle around so road sense, looking ahead was largely in place - or that's what my intructor said. I think I used BSM.

Good luck.

I used this company - and yes, it was Elaine for me too. She drummed everything into me, got me onto dual carriageways etc (eek!) and basically turned me around when I really needed the push. I had previously had three or four instructors over the years and hadn't driven for 5 years. I would highly recommend her, not so much for the small-talk iykwim but for getting even people like me to pass their test. I honestly feel I could have piddled about for another few years, it was so worth just doing it more intensively (and actually I had small kids so had to 3 hours on a Saturday and Sunday, over 3 weeks or so). I think she is pretty amazing!

Thanks all,

Feedback appreciated, sounds like it's the way forward.

I think i will opt for semi intensive to fit around childcare and as it seems a bit more balanced than a one week course, it looks like this company can accommodate that. Left them a vmail a few days ago and they are yet to get back so hope they are not too busy.. Happy to report back Piaf.

• 8 months later...
We've just used intensive courses.co.uk for our daughter. Tuition ok, she failed on 1 thing only:( what makes it worse is the firm has done absolutely nothing to help/rebook tests etc afterwards, we're sorting the retake ourselves.