Heber / St John's - feedback please!

Mutrik

Hi

We have three children at St Johns. Really lovely community spirit from children and parents, achieves for children at lots of different ability levels. Leadership team not complacent about recent good Ofsted rating and currently working with PTFA towards achieving outstanding. Not perfect, head try's to be available to discuss concerns, meet parents by standing at school gates most nights.

We were at another school initially, very pleased we came here.

We moved our son to St Johns from another school and second everything JDR said. We are really happy and he is thriving. I'm sure it's not perfect but so far we have had a good experience. People generally seem really happy with Heber too! I'd suggest going on a tour of both schools as that'll give you a real feel. I can see how you could be in the catchment for both as I know people at St J's who could conceivably have got into Heber, and vice versa, though of course very year will vary.

Both my kids are at Heber and I'm extremely happy with it and so are they. It's a busy, welcoming place with a thriving school community - always loads of stuff going on. But I would echo Belle's post in that you really do need to go around both to get a feel for the places yourself - you could ask the opinion of 100 different parents from either school and you will get 100 different answers! Do also look at Heber's website to give you an idea of what goes on there - they have a blog and post the odd video on it.

I think we are fortunate with all the primary schools in East Dukwich. But you need to go and have a feel Coe the schools and aww which would suit your children and your family

And the 2nd poster was right, unless you are planning on buying somewhere based on which school these is simply no way you could be in the catchment for both. The system says you have a choice, but really you don't have much of one.