Inexpensive baby groups

Sianycarr

I have just moved to the area and would like to start taking my two month old daughter to some baby groups during the week. I don't drive so I'm looking for something around ED/ lordship lane and preferably fairly inexpensive. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Hiya,

I don't know if this counts as inexpensive but my baby massage lessons cost ?55 for five 1 1/2 hour sessions - an hour of massage/theory/discussion then half an hour of tea and biscuits afterwards. They're perfect for two month old babies so please take a look at my website if this appeals - I still have a couple of spaces available on my course starting on 3rd December. The venue is East Dulwich Community Centre on Darrell Road.

Good luck with whatever you choose,

Louie

www.babymassagewithlouie.com

Hi there,

If you like singing there is a fantastic group on Friday afternoons in ED called Hummy Mummies. You don't have to have any singing experience, and it's great fun. You get to sing lots of fun grown-up songs which is a nice change from the 50th rendition of Wind the Bobbin Up! And the kids love it too. This is the website if you want more info: www.hummymummies.com. The cost is ?65 for a full term or ?35 for half a term.

All the best.

I found the crooked well on Tuesday mornings great, as it is more of a chance to meet other mums whilst having a coffee and a pastry, as well as having toys for the babies. I also loved the Ivydale centres baby group on Wednesday afternoon. The Ivydale is a bit harder to get to but either the p 12 or 13 goes there. Crooked well is easy.

Even cheaper than the ritzy is the Peckham pulse under 1s cinema which is about ?4. You can get chatting to other mums or just have a nice solo w at h of the film. I used to put my daughter in her sling and she'd usually have a reallly good sleep through something horrifically inappropriate. And do a big poo. Always the big poo.