Recommendation for a camera for kids

Fmm

My 5 year old really really wants a camera for Christmas. She is quite into and good at artistic/ crafty stuff so I think she could enjoy taking pictures as an extension of that. She certainly loves taking over my phone camera to take close ups of random things as her "art".... Does anyone have any recommendations for an easy to use, basic digital camera that I could get her? I have no idea of price or anything so am prepared for the idea to be scuppered on that basis. TIA.

PS. I guess if a camera is out, any recommendations of craft activity presents also appreciated. She loves the sticky mosaics pictures, sticker dolly dressing and the "How To Draw..." books.

Have you seen the VTech kidizoom cameras, they are around ?25, quite sturdy, takes digital pictures, has a few games on it as well, quite basic but good for travelling! Not brilliant quality but good enough for this age range. You can also add frames to pictures. My daughter has one, got when she was 4-5 and used it a lot. You can also take videos on it as well. If you google on amazon you will see them.

the other option is a secondhand "proper" camera from somewhere like Computer Exchange - we bought our (then 7yo) daughter an amazing Olympus digital point and shoot with proper zoom for ?25. This is the fall out of everyone having decent cameras on their phones now - the resale value of digital cameras is really low.

It means that if she does take any pictures that you want to actually print the quality is good enough, and it will grow with her which a Vtech might not - daughter (now 9) wouldn't use one of those now as it would be babyish whereas she still uses her camera (admittedly taking selfies of herself and her toys!!)