Singing group for mums

kandr

Hi,

I go to a fantastic choir for mummies which I wanted to post about, because it's great fun. You don't have to have any singing experience and you get to sing lots of fun grown-up songs (which is a nice change from the 500th rendition of Twinkle Twinkle - which I love too of course!)

If you feel shy about singing this is a great place to come because most of us have no experience but love to belt out a bit of Happy, Eternal Flame or Walking on Sunshine. My 2 year old daughter loves it and dances around to the songs. There are toys for the kids to play with too. I find it really de-stressing and it's an uplifting way to start the weekend. It's on Friday afternoons at 3.30.

For more info the website is: www.hummymummies.com. The cost is ?65 for a full term or ?35 for half a term.

This sounds great! I've just moved into the area and would love to meet some other mums and toddlers too, and I do love to sing! What age group are the kids? Mine is 2yrs 9 months and quite hectic - I'm not sure he'd settle but I'd like to give it a try. Are there toddlers running around or is it more for those with babies who will stay in prams? Thanks!

I did this when I was on maternity leave. It's brilliant fun! There are always lots of toddlers running around, joining in with the singing, adding percussion etc! Even in the concerts, there are multiple toddler stage invasions - it's hilarious.

I found it hugely de-stressing and I think my two children got a lot out of it. My oldest still sings the songs we performaed!

Keane there are several groups and times. I now go to the FH one on a Thursday morning and sometimes the Brockley group on a Friday (once you're joined up you can go to other sessions as well as your main one).

The website lists the different groups and locations:

http://www.hummymummies.com

Also highly recommend! Have been going on and off for the past three years and it really is uplifting as well as lovely for the kids to experience the music and social side of it.

Ps: Isla I used to take my hectic toddler/preschooler son and now take my slightly calmer 20mo daughter. There is no expectation that the kids are quiet and still, it's aimed at mums and dads but is hugely inclusive of the kiddies and no one would mind a toddler with lots of energy! Most of the groups have a selection of toys and the Brockley space is huge for running about in.