Father Christmas visit.

carrieon23

Hiya.

I wanted to take the kids to see Santa in town but hamleys & harrods are all booked up.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I saw the whippersnappers one as a local alternative, has anyone been to it before as it's quite expensive but if it's really good I will do that instead.

Thanks.

X Carrie.

patt1980 - I emailed them with the same question as I have an 11 month old. I received a very sniffy email telling me that ALL children pay if they go in and not to bring a buggy as there would not be any room. I was really put off by the tone of the email (especially as I hadn't asked about buggy space, and was only making general enquiries regarding price - not demanding my child be let in free) and decided to go elsewhere. As it's our last UK Christmas we are taking the kids to London Zoo. Expensive, but the cost of the Santa visit includes zoo entry, so we'll be making a day of it.

We took both kids to Whippersnappers last year (6yrs and 18months at the time)and only paid for the eldest. We all went in to see Santa together and both kids got a present. There are craft activities throughout the visit, obviously my little one couldn't partake in them. I'd recommend it, it was a lovely well thought out visit, shame if their communications put people offas the people on the day were really lovely....

• 4 weeks later...
We went to Whippersnappers Grotto in Dulwich Park today and it was great. We had a very nervous 3.5 year old and 18 month old, no issues with a buggy, we just parked it outside (might be an issue if it was raining that day I guess) and they were great with our older one who was quite worried at the thought of meeting Santa. Lots of things to do, making toys, decorating biscuits, colouring, stories, meeting santa and a picture to take home. Recommend.

Winter wonderland in Hyde park has a free Santa that gives a free toy,he's pretty good too, so are his elfs. it gets horribly busy at weekends and eves so we took day off work and went at 10am on a weekday morning and it was empty . The rides are expensive though, even for toddlers, but it was a really fun morning. not exactly local though.

We went to Whippersnappers today in Dulwich park, they still have tickets for Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th Dec... I'd recommend, good fun, nice small groups and lots of activities as 'cmacnew' says above. My 4 year old loved it and there were nice touches all the way through (face painting being one of them and free photo). Whippersnappers is a not for profit organisation too so happy to pay a bit more :)