Sing and Sign

SLad

As the immensely proud mum of a 17 month old who today signed and said please twice when asking for her bedtime book I thought it was about time I sang the praises of Trish Cumming's local Sing and Sign group. http://www.singandsign.com/classes/classes-near-you/southwark-and-lambeth

Although a termly course it is exceptionally good value at ?80 and has really played a huge role in getting my daughter communicating well with us which in turn seems to help her manage her frustrations at life really well (so we think anyway).

We go to the classes in Herne Hill but I know there are classes at All Fired Up too.

One big recommendation is to get at least 1 of the DVDs too. Our daughter is mesmerised by Jessie the Cat and it's a great and very easy for you to get a quiet few minutes to relax and/or help you learn the signs too.

X

Well done your 17 months old, it's brilliant when they do this!

We also loved Trish's classes - my son started signing from around 12months old and I still believe the fact that he was able to communicate to some extend helped with the tantrums (and we had enough of them :)).

• 1 month later...
Yep - I am a big fan of Sing & Sign and would even think about teaching myself! My daughter started using signs before she was a year old - it was lovely seeing her being able to 'read' a simple book by signing the animals on each page. She could also ask for milk, tell us when she was hungry or wanted more of anything (food or otherwise). We went to classes run by the lovely Sabine. Highly recommend it!