entertainer for 5th birthday party

Anna D

We are in the market for an entertainer for our daughter's birthday party which will take place in a church hall. I've just been quoted a staggering ?250 from a magician we enjoyed at a friend's party recently.

Are they all that expensive?!

Also - this person was quoting for 2 hours, saying he didn't take 1 hour bookings. Is this also standard?

Any tips/recommendations appreciated...

Hello,

Last Sunday we had Miss Danni from GDND academy and she did a great Entertainment for my son's 5th birthday party

IT was a street dance/dance game party

She entertained 22 kids at my place, mainly boys, (only 3 girls)... so challenging! 19 kids followed the entire entertainement (1hr) totally amused and captivated!!

My son is used to attend her street dance class at StBarnabas Parish Church every Wednesday.

She is furthemore also much more affordable than the others entertainers we've had over the last 3 yrs .... where all those others was AT LEAST ?100 per hr!

Here are her details if you want to have a look!

Miss Danni

GDND ACADEMY

School founder & Principle

www.gdnd.co.uk

07904 424 504

With her good price, I've been able to also hire a face painter (I've used Sue, recommanded on EDF and she was amazing too!she is childminder over the week so has a great approach of the kids and is using very good brand face painting products as I was very concerned by that due to my son's extremly sensitive skin)

Finally, I extended the budget package of the party by using a very nice local photographer recommanded to me after a post on the family room discussion section...called Tricia (can give you her d?tails if you want to)

It was a fantastic party and all the kids (especially my son) had an amazing time! Definitly a great souvenir for my boy!

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

VALFR59 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello,

>

> Last Sunday we had Miss Danni from GDND academy

> and she did a great Entertainment for my son's 5th

> birthday party

> IT was a street dance/dance game party

>

> She entertained 22 kids at my place, mainly boys,

> (only 3 girls)... so challenging! 19 kids

> followed the entire entertainement (1hr) totally

> amused and captivated!!

>

> My son is used to attend her street dance class at

> StBarnabas Parish Church every Wednesday.

>

> She is furthemore also much more affordable than

> the others entertainers we've had over the last 3

> yrs .... where all those others was AT LEAST ?100

> per hr!

>

> Here are her details if you want to have a look!

>

> Miss Danni

> GDND ACADEMY

> School founder & Principle

>

> www.gdnd.co.uk

> 07904 424 504

>

> With her good price, I've been able to also hire a

> face painter (I've used Sue, recommanded on EDF

> and she was amazing too!she is childminder over

> the week so has a great approach of the kids and

> is using very good brand face painting products as

> I was very concerned by that due to my son's

> extremly sensitive skin)

>

> Finally, I extended the budget package of the

> party by using a very nice local photographer

> recommanded to me after a post on the family room

> discussion section...called Tricia (can give you

> her d?tails if you want to)

>

> It was a fantastic party and all the kids

> (especially my son) had an amazing time! Definitly

> a great souvenir for my boy!

>

> Good luck!

I've booked Danni at GDND academy for my son's 5th birthday too - sounds like great fun and a bit different from the usual magician / clown type entertainment :)

Thanks for the recommendation!

We had a pirate party with Lucy sparkles this weekend for my so. Who was 4 but there was childre there aged 4-7 and she kept them all engaged and very happy with how much the children enjoyed themselves. It was ?80 for 45 mins which was more than enough as they were sweaty messes and desperate for a drink and rest after that.

• 2 weeks later...
We took our son to a 4th birthday party last weekend with Fairy Gossamer and she was amazing - the kids were all captivated and loved every minute. Our boy is a couple of years younger but was still completely entranced. She was really lovely, a total pro and made the whole party super easy. We will definitely be using her or her husband (Wally the Wizard) when the time comes and would highly recommend to anyone. Their website is http://www.wallyandgossamer.com