wii u

Jacbuc

we were hoping to get our five and seven year old a wii u but trying to understand all the different types- mb size etc is quite difficult, were not looking for online gaming at their age just a console and some basic games has anyone any thoughts on what to get many thanks

I looked at this last year and a friends kids advised to get a normal Wii - they thought the Wii U would be too complex for young kids. I have to say the old one is enough for them although they aren't the most tech savvy kids.

I guess the Wii is cheaper and you can pick up old games relatively cheap. Then once they kids are up to speed in a couple of years, you can get the latest version at that point.

Just a point to consider is that you can use Wii U to stream to your TV - useful for Netflix etc. we had the original wii before and I can't remember if it had this capability. I have teen girls who love wii u - can play together or one can play on the console while someone else is watching TV - you might not need this much choice with young children.