Pregnancy classes & ways to meet people

KJ&bump

Hello,

I'm newly pregnant (due end of June) with my first child and I wondered if there were any local ED classes that people would recommend? My boyfriend and I moved into the area about 1.5 years ago and it's fair to say we only know a couple of people locally with children so I wanted to get to know people who were also pregnant/with young children.

I've booked onto a pregnancy yoga class starting in Jan and a class & lunch advertised on bump and baby club (in ED).

Are there any other classes that people recommend? Or ways to meet people?

Thanks

Congratulations! Lovely time to have a baby. There will be a thread for summer babies starting up soon on here, that's a great way to meet people. I'm due in a couple of weeks and have met some lovely mums to be on this forum. Also at yoga (going to Yazmin's class at yogarise on Saturday mornings).

I teach Pilates and my pregnancy classes will be up and running again when you're going into your third trimester so that's always a lovely thing to do for preparing for birth and meeting mums as well.

Rest assured this is a great place to be pregnant and have a newborn!x

Hi B - you're due pretty much the same time as me!

I'm signed up for a pregnancy yoga class starting 2nd week of Jan in ED - I used to run a lot but since falling pregnant I gave up exercise (silly I know). So I am trying to get back into it too!!

I'll try and dig out the name of my class for you but there are lots on Goose Green clinic (although I haven't tried any).

When are you free for a coffee? Maria can also meet us (from earlier message). I'm away until the first week of Jan.

K x

Hi lovely ladies and many congratulations on your impending arrivals!! I teach a class called Pregnancy Fit at Goose Green Clinic, Saturday mornings 9am - 10am and my next block starts 10th January if any of you are interested? It's a little more dynamic than pregnancy yoga as we do a lot of standing work and use resistance bands for upper body toning.

I have two children myself and I know how it feels when you are unsure about what exercise to do when pregnant but know you want to do something and meet other women in the same position. We are a small class of no more than 7 and the girls on my next block are almost all first time mums and absolutely lovely!!

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll give you more info.

And the NCT is a great way to meet friends for life!! Good luck everyone and Merry Christmas!!

Zoe Baggi

Hi everyone

I am a local mum and am pregnant with my second (due June 2015)... Am also interested to meet other local mums and looking out for the 2015 summer babies thread.

If there are any other full time working mums, am happy to meet at weekends. My little one is 20 months and loves a kick about in the park regardless of the weather!

X

Happy new year everyone! Hope everyone has had a lovely xmas and is feeling good? I thought it might be good to pick out a few dates for meets, let's try a weekday one for those of us at home and a weekend for those working? I am up for both... Would a central ed cafe be a good option or I haven't been to cafe G on Peckham rye/the gardens?

What days are best? Mon/tues I am on my own, other days will have my 2yo... We are easy on days.

Hi All,

I am pregnant and due in July. I would love to meet up with you all. Let me know if the 17th is happening, the time and where? I am totally clueless about this whole pregnancy thing so would appreciate advise from you all.

I look forward to meeting you all.

thank you, emily

NCT run Signature and Essentials antenatal courses locally.

Also Early Days Postnatal courses, introducing solids workshops, returning to work workshops, waterbirth workshops, homebirth groups and lots more!

To find out when all the courses are on go to the main NCT website: nct.org.uk and look at the course finder section.

there are some spaces on local courses, so if you want to talk with someone about a specific area/course/workshop contact Alison: [email protected]

I agree with the previous post about getting to know people through NCT antenatal courses, someone I worked with held a party to celebrate their NCT antenatal groups children's 18th birthdays a while ago......they had all met through NCT classes and had a reunion each New Year.

Each Tuesday the Crooked Well Pub in SE5 open their doors to pregnant women and new parents + babies. I'll be there this Tuesday so if you are around come along or when you are on maternity leave why not join us?

All the best