Phil&Teds Dot - newborn to 6 months period plus a toddler, recommend?

Ginster

Hi,

We'd just about decided to go for the P&T Dot (v2) when I read some different reviews saying when newborn gets too big for the lie flat (toddler is on top seat) people felt they couldn't use buggy til baby was older/bigger as they didn't want to put them in the bottom seat. I feel there must be ways round this so wanted to find out any opinions or recommendations for this buggy for toddler+baby? Which combinations work best for you (regarding top seat/bottom seat and who sits where?)

Toddler will be 22 months when baby arrives. Not yet walking so will still need time in buggy.

Thanks!

I've found the tyres to be the main problem with the Dot. After having an icandy with my son (very durable tyres)we purchased the dot as we had an almost identical age gap to you and wanted a space saving pushchair for buses etc. We got two punctures almost immediately then found out we were supposed to buy slime filled inner tubes which we weren't aware of beforehand. We duly bought these and have continued to get punctures. Had to all get a taxi back from east London on New Years eve due to the latest accident!

Ive heard of some people buying it and then replacing the tyres immediately to more durable ones.

It is great for space saving however though found it heavier to lift than I'd imagined from the look of it.

Didn't find that an issue re putting baby at the back though they are quite close to the ground. I guess it's personal choice and how often you're using the pushchair. My daughter (now 5 months) has ended up being in a baby carrier most of the time so I've hardly used that combo on buses/trains etc.

In retrospect, wish we'd just got the icandy doubled up which can be done easily by stockists, then got by on using the baby carrier/pushchair or pushchair/buggy board combos but a lot of these things are individual. I know some who've started out with intention on using carriers/buggyboards and ended up choosing and buying a double buggy once baby is a couple of months old and they've got more an idea of how often they'd use buggy than beforehand.

Jess X

• 1 month later...

I have the Phil & Ted's Dot, and as a double I can't recommend it highly enough!

My eldest little one is 20 months and the other is 6 months (I know, I am crazy haha) My youngest would have to go in the second seat for it to be used as a double, so needless to say the close caboo has been used quite alot!

I would also say the cocoon is completely pointless as they grow out of that even quicker!

As a double with a toddler and a bigger baby, it is going to be perfect, but I must admit there has been times I have been very frustrated with it!

The tyres, I agree - nightmare! First time I went to use it they were all flat and had to go and buy a bike pump in the middle of a shopping centre!! I have read many go to an actual bike shop and get the tyres filled with some kind of green sludge that helps? I'm yet to try!x