really good highlights wanted

Kuki hair on Bellenden Road. I have been getting my highlights done by Pauline (one of the owners) since they opened but have also had my hair done by the other stylists on the odd occasion and they are all good. If you do a search you will see they have a lot of recommendations on here (including from me). They have a new website www.kukihair.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Ellie at Myla and Davis in ED did mine last week on their family day. I took my 6 week old. She was brilliant. Gave me a completely manageable hair style that I can actually replicate at home in 5 minutes. Fab highlights. No foils - done using a paddle instead. I'd definitely go again.

• 4 months later...

Just wondering if any of these recommendations are by people with warm / reddish tones in their hair? Makes highlights more challenging so I'm nervous of changing from my usual hairdresser but would love to find someone local!

Thanks

just adding to akd - any recommendations for dying for people with red hair, just to cover up the blossoming grey hairs? Is it worth going somewhere to get a proper colour match?

Also, when do people start dying? when do a few grey hairs turn into too much?

• 1 month later...

For all your colouring (and styling) needs, 4thFloor, on Northington Street in the City. 02074056011. Just go, and you'll see. I was sent there by a friend whose colour is so good I thought for years it was natural. Been going for over a decade myself. A really well kept styling secret. My personal favourites are Jackson to cut and Rosie to colour.

WM xx

• 1 month later...

Have been meaning to update this. After recommendations on this thread I went to see Chloe at the Galleon and I am so so hapoy with the result. Lovely girl too. We were chatting for ages about the colour, what I wanted (a toned down golden/honey blonde) and didnt want (stripey peggy mitchell blonde) and I am so happy and pleased. The colour has lasted really well too which was a requirement for me as unable to afford having my hair done every few weeks. I was honest and said i needed something low maintanence due to time/money issues and she was realltly good at suggesting colour/techniques and styles to suit.

Just wanted to mention if there are other tricky blondes out there.

Stars on Gipsy Hill are FANTASTIC! Lovely ladies and really reasonably priced. I've been going there for 10+ years now and have really tricky to manage thick hair which can frizz.

Their highlights are great their cuts are the best and their blow drys amazing. Every friend I've taken there is converted and I'm up to 12 and counting!!!

Plus they do a discount on Wednesdays on colour - win win!