Bugaboo Bee 3 - Carrycot or just cocoon?

klh

I am planning to buy the Bugaboo Bee 3 but do not know whether to also buy the carrycot as well as the cocoon. Would anyone recommend getting the carrycot as well as the cocoon? The carrycot comes to an extra ?200 and I don't know whether it is worth buying particularly if it is really only useable for 6 months. Thanks!

The carrycots are fairly new, they weren't around 2 years ago when I bought my Bee and the cocoon worked fine. A carrycot would have been nice at times but for ?200 that's a lot of expense for not many days when the cocoon might not do the job just as well. If you will be using public transport a lot then the cocoon will help to keep the buggy light.

That said, I imagine the carrycot would retain a fairly high resale value.

I had the Bee and didn't have the carry cot (not available when I purchased) or the cocoon. When is your baby due? If it's spring/summer I think you can get away with not buying either of these. You can just buy a lovely natural sheepskin (cool for summer/warm for winter) which fits on to the buggy, and it also has longevity as baby grows up. When it was really cold, I did buy a JL foot muff but as baby becomes mobile I found they didn't really like being in the foot muff and resorted to using snow suits/waterproofs.