Help!

My three year old has started to physically attack me, this is something that has progressively gotten worse, now he is attacking me every time he is reprimanded. He even attacked me whilst driving which was extremely dangerous. We don't expose him to any violence and have never hit him (not even tap on the back of hand). He is just always so angry and shouts constantly at me. I'm at a real loss at what to do, any tips/advice?

Hiya, sorry to read you're having a tough time. It's absolutely heartbreaking when they behave like this. We went through a similar phase, not quite as bad but seemed to be heading there. I always thought my son was getting trapped in his emotions and didn't know how to snap out of it, hence the physical action to get some release. What seems to have helped are talking about his emotions (when he is calm), explaining that everyone has them but that you don't need to act on them etc. Obviously, all in simple words. We also practised things like 5 deep breath when he feels frustrated. Actual incidents of lashing out or temper tantrums got dealt with firmly, we used time out, there are a few good threads on here that helped. Things have progressively become better the more he can express himself ...

Good luck! Mx

I'm reading how to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk

I read their other one sibling rivalry first which is easier going and I think would be useful for 1 or more kid families

I don't have experience eof this exact thing, but sympathy, and I hope it improves soon.