Any boob-lifts done? Advice please...

mamaB

Hello,

Having had 2 gorgeous girls, I feel I need to re-focus some attention to me and my body. Having breast fed both and nearing 40 I am considering a boob lift. To gain confidence and to feel attractive again for Mr B.

Have any of you (mums) out there had one done? I am not so keen on implants....

I have LOADS of questions and a few concerns but basically looking for some recommendations, advice, do's don't do's and prices... and where to go I guess.

And what will they look like at 60? oh sigh....

Please PM me with replies if personal?

Thanks a lot ladies!

i was thinking its probably not the best forum for it. its relatively unusual isn't it? maybe mums net or similar with a much wider readership. you would probably get some good advice and recommendations there.

i was also thinking that a decent bra from Bloomers on lordship lane is cheaper, less risky and very effective. Or rigby and peller, etc.

im not anti-surgery and am reserving the right if i get to a point where i want to make changes, but its just so irreversible and doctors / surgeons aren't perfect.

I have thought about it many times, apparently a lift is much harder to recover from than implants so I am told and the scarring is not great. My sister had implants done in Thailand (she went flat as a pancake post her children) and they do look amazing! I don't have so much of a problem with loss of mass but they aren't quite where I'd like them to be.. Lol..

If you find a good place on your research trail let me know.

Thanks to everyone above for comments and thoughts. I have had some PM messages also (not to be shared)

Thought I would share the findings to date considering the interest:

?200 for a consultation

?5000 (approx) for the "mastoplexy" / aka boob lift

Post op: they keep you in 1 night. Recovery: not too bad (from PM), scars fade away after approx 1 year.

Sloane Hospital (in Beckenham) comes recommended. Have booked myself in for a consultation...eek...

Having spoken to Mr B about it, he told me we would then have to put the new carpet on hold, but this (the carpet) could wait as it wasn't looking too bad..... LOL! I collapsed laughing....