Should i MMR vaccinate my child?

I'm a mother of 2 twins under 2 years old. My Doctor keeps asking me about vaccinating them for MMR.

I am not fully sure or understand the implications of vaccinating - or not. I keep hearing bad stories about vaccinations and side effects , which make me deciding, even more complicated.

Ofcourse my childrens health are paramount and come first.

Anyone has any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

the so called research that appeared to show there was a link with autism has been shown to be rubbish , by more studies and scrutiny of the original conclusion but unfortunately the idea has remained and been circulated. this has caused many parents to refuse the mmr and there have been serious outbreaks of measles which is a serious and damaging disease. Speak to you GP about your fears so that you can be reassured.

YES - parts of southern California and London now have third world levels of measles infections 'cos of bad science, and idiocy propaganda spread by stooopid middle class 'moms' and the supposed empowerment of the fooking internet....

Absolutely yes - the 'research' published by Andrew Wakefield has been shown to be rubbish, and withdrawn by its publisher, and Wakefield has been struck-off. There is NO evidence that the MMR jab causes any problems, and, in so far as any vaccination could be an issue, having separate jabs rather than the combined MMR would be more, not less likely to cause these problems. Protecting your child from measles and mumps will save them from the possibility of nasty complications (and both diseases are unpleasant to have, even if no complications arise), and rubella, while itself quite a mild infection, can lead to dreadful disability if caught by a pregnant woman.

Because of the stupidity of parents earlier on you cannot rely on herd immunity, in London, protecting your children if unvaccinated. You are lucky to have a doctor who is bothering to remind you of this. Follow his advice.

Might the OP simply have been trolling? She might be serious -- but so might an OP asking, "Should I teach my children about evolution?"

Vaccinate them? Yes. Also, regardless of appearances, the Earth DOES go around the Sun, not the Sun around the Earth -- neither of which, by the way, is flat.