Help! Garden office company wanted

• 3 months later...

Hi Jane and Norfolk Villas (or anyone else who's done this), I am looking for a garden studio too, and wondered if you'd be willing to share any recommendations? There seems to be a lot out there, and I don't really know where to start - any personal recommendations would be gratefully received!

Many thanks!

J

Hi there,

We had an office built in the garden back in 2012 and used a company called Gembuild - www.gembuild.co.uk

They were really good, professional and we were really pleased with the result. The office/shed was built over a weekend and assembled in the garden with the materials being brought through the house. They have a range of designs and materials. Ours is in Cedar. I have attached a photo. We have a double sofa bed in there and use it also as an extra room when guest stay as well as an office.

Hi Scrummymummy,

Great, that's very helpful. The office looks really nice! I had a quick look at their website - will definitely have a more thorough look when I have time, and maybe ask for a quote...

Many thanks!

J

Hi a friend of mine Toby has just built a really good timber clad garden office for my mother in law - full electrics, kitchen, plastered etc and very reasonably priced. I know she is really happy with the finish. Toby has also installed a bathroom for myself which is finished to a very high standard.

His number is 07737 775914

Matt

My daughter wants a "writing shed" - much like described and pictured. I'd be really interested in how much it would cost for a basic model, but insulated so it can be furnished with a beanbag, bookshelf, desk and chair; with electrics and warm enough to write in over autumn (or even winter if we put a wood burner in!)

Could anyone give me an idea of costs please - and how to keep costs down?

Thanks!