sensatori tenerife / melia gran palacio d'isoro

se15mum

hi

i know a few people on the forum have been here and wondered if i could pick your brains.

is the resort near anything i.e. can you go for a walk outside of the resort or do you need to get a cab / drive to anywhere outside ?

would you recommend going half board are the restaurants nice?

whats the kids club like i have a just under 1yo plus a 3yo - we would only want to use it a couple of mornings / afternoons not the full week (just to get a tiny bit or relaxation!!)

thanks in advance

I went two and a half years ago just before first child was born.

From my memory there was little to do within walking distance. It was near a beach which wasn't the prettiest. Having said that, the resort put on a lot of excursions-water park, mount teide but being 8 months pregnant, I was happy enough to lie like a beached whale in a sunbed while my husband took advantage of the all-inclusive drinks.

Thought the restaurants were great. The main buffet one was very child friendly and had excellent and wide selection of food. Went to an Italian as well which was nice enough.

Can't help on the kids club but will follow for other replies in case we decide to go again in the future.

Enjoy your trip, Jess

We've been twice, first time had a 2.5yr old & I was pregnant -didn't leave the resort & it was blissful!!

We stayed as sensatori guests, so were all inc (but didn't do drinks package). 2.5 yr old did mornings in the nursery (we'd booked it thinking we'd use it once or twice, but she loved it) & was nice to have few hrs to ourselves. Plus, by having wk booked we got a night free babysitting where we dropped her off at 7.30 & they had hot choc's, cartoons & fell asleep on a mat - we collected her at 11pm having treated ourselves to a meal in one of the pay for restaurants.

Went again in Sept, this time with 10m & 4yr old, again loved it. Pools & kids show in evening fab , restaurants ok & easy with kids (esp the buffet with weaning baby - good opp to try out new foods! ;-))

Did wander into the local village on market day which was ok & they do now have a beach which is nice (but black sand).

Used nursery again (& night babysitting) which worked well as 10m would have his main nap there so we weren't stuck in room for few hrs.

Found it v relaxing & hope to return again.

thanks both and thanks buggy for the 'with children' experience.

so you were able to walk from the resort to the local village? i just like the idea of not being completely restricted and not have to get a cab everywhere with two kids!

will look at senator v booking direct. sensatori don't seem to have the bigger rooms whereas booking direct you can get a 2bed apartment (and not have the children in our room!!)

thanks for your info

abbie

Hi Abbie

Been three times now - twice in the adults-only 'Red Level' section and the last time in March of last year when my daughter was 4 months old.

To answer some of your questions:

- It's about a 10 min walk to the local village. Not the most picturesque but perfectly decent. The supermarket on the square does a good range of really tasty but very cheap red wines (they sell the bottle that the hotel charges 22E for for 4E!)

- I think since Jessica went the beach has been tidied up - as buggie says it's black sand but nice enough

- In March of last year at any rate - the Thomson creche and playroom area could only be used by Thomson guests rather than those who had booked directly - worth knowing

- We also booked direct when we went the last time as we wanted a one bed suite with separate living area and they didn't have any rooms like that through Thomson

- Agree with everyone that the restaurants are very good. The main buffet one is mammoth but very efficiently run and always plenty of varied, tasty food. Italian OK. If you fancy a night out on your own, I can recommend the restaurant in the Red level section - that was very nice

- Treat yourself in the spa. I had probably the best massage of my life there, and I'm a sucker for them so have had lots.

If you think of anything else just shout! Funnily enough we're going back to Tenerife in a fortnight but decided to broaden our horizons and go somewhere different this time - mainly because we fancied a villa - so have found a resort where the accommodation is all villas but then you have restaurant amenities, big pool, etc etc.