Classes for 5 year olds

candp

Talk to me please about what classes your kids do/did at 4/5 years old. She does swimming lessons and gave ballet the heave ho but she loves art, drama and sport so I was thinking of signing up for 1 or 2 more after school or weekend classes and wondered which ones you'd recommend. Thanks!

my 5yo does ballet & tap, gymnastics and swimming, all after school. She wants to do ballet, as far as I'm concerned she has to learn how to swim and gymnastics I thought she'd be quite good at, though it's the one she seems least fussed about. When she's old enough we'll look at athletics and some kind of climbing - all she really wants to do is run and climb! And maybe musical theatre, I think she'd love that.

All in an effort to wear her out and go to sleep at a reasonable hour. It's not working.

ballet is at the South London Dance Studios in Herne Hill, it's pretty formal and strict (eg Miss Oi has to have her hair in a classical ballet bun), follows the Royal Bellet School curriculum, I think. Miss Oi likes it but it's probably not for everyone.

Gymnastics is Southwark Gymnastics, the hold sessions at Camberwell pool and Brunswick Park School, seems quite informal. A good starting point to see how they get on and if they enjoy it.