Can anyone recommend a wonder product for dull sleep deprived skin??

I feel like my skin (especially face) has aged about 10 years since having my second child last summer! She's still up 3-4 times per night then awake for the day by 6am.

I don't have time or money for regular facials and other therapies so wondered if anyone can recommend a product they've used successfully before. I'm moisturising and using a serum twice a day, but think I might need something extra to perk up my skin a bit- just to make it look a bit less dull and tired. Any tips and recommendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jess X

If you can afford it Guerlain midnight secret is really great - it is very pricey though

Mind you I haven't tried it since I was in my 20s and up partying until late! You could try a nice facial oil after cleansing and before going to bed - there are loads out there to suit different budgets. Out of the ones I've tried I like Kiehls Midnight Recovery and Neals Yard Rose facial oil best.

I second the REN 1minute facial recommendation. I was given it for Xmas and it's fab.

I don't know if your skin is sensitive but if it is (mine is very much so) I'd recommend asking if Dr Boo have any samples (they usually do). I made the mistake of splurging on Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream at Xmas (meant to be great for exactly this kind of thing) and my skin had an immediate reaction to it. I was luckily able to get a credit note when I contacted customer services but it made me resolve never to spend so much without trying a tester again!

Clarins Beauty flash balm is lovely for a skin pick me up as is estee lauder advance night repair serum (cant remember the name but the brown bottle). I havent treated myself to it lately as it is rather expensive but skin always looks better for it.

Also worth a mention is the usual drink lots of water, minimise sugar, caffeine and alcohol blah blah blah ;)

Sounds like you might need a hot cloth cleanser. I use Liz Earle but I understand Superdrug does a cheaper one. Removing dead skin really brightens your complexion. Once I've cleansed, toned, serumed and moisturised. Regular fake tan to the face also adds a bit of glow :-)

I've been using DHC Deep Cleansing Oil as a cleanser and it has made my skin much better. I was quite wary as my skin can be quite oily but since I've been using it haven't had any break-outs and my face looks healthier for it.

Yak Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've had (moderate) success with Liz Earle's

> brightening face mask. I say moderate because

> nothing will work like decent, consistent good

> quality sleep in my opinion

I was starting to believe that my skin would never look any better round the eyes, that although it's definitely lack of sleep causing problems my age meant it couldn't get better.

This morning, however, I have hope again! A Very long pre-mother's day lay in (have to get up early tomorrow) has done wonders I thought were no longer possible and I'm quite nicely plumped under the eyes!!!

Thanks so much everyone. I got given the Liz Earle cleanse and polish from a friend who probably felt sorry for me- so will make a start with that. Thanks for the blog tips and good idea re samples.

That's what I'm worried about Yak- may also look at the baby sleep wonder lady who had a thread on here a few months back.

Thanks again everyone,

Jess XX

Trilogy oils are a big hit in my family. I've just started using the rosehip oil again after my second baby. I was really struggling with tight, dry itchy skin on my face and neck. First use, noticed dramatic difference. I also love how cost effective it is, its natural too. They have a fair few different products in the range and have different types of oils to suit different skins and age ranges.

Jess, sleep will come at some point and so will improved skin (and life, and general wellbeing) - it WILL get better!

I'd forgotten my super cheap top tip which is to use evening primrose oil. Buy the capsules but then use the oil at night time. Just prick a capsule and smear on face. It smells a bit but does result in lovely plumped up skin in the morning.

Otherwise I am a convert to the Liz Earle routine and boringly early bedtimes at least twice a week.

Forget all these expensive products.

Coconut oil is amazing. It's cheap and you can cook with it. Why put things on your body that you wouldn't put in your body.

Making a scrub out of oats is also amazing. I used to use various facial products after I'd shaved (I'm a bloke) and in the last year I started having all sorts of problems with my skin. Using natural ingredients all the issues have gone.

Mind you, we now even make our own laundry detergent with soap nuts!

Hi Jess you should come along to a workshop I'm running with my colleague at Bellenden Therapies on the 18th April. I know you said you don't have money or facials, but myself (I'm an Aromatherapist) and my colleague who is a Nutritionist are sharing all are tips to great skin. I personally swear by natural oils and essential oils. It has gotten me through all my sleep deprived nights over the last 22 months (yes I have a little 22 month old) My muscles may be telling me I've aged by 5 years over this period, but my face sure isn't. I just need to dye the greys before my 40th Birthday this August!

I've just posted on the ?What?s on Page? if you?re interested and everyone that attends gets a goody bag with a face oil made just for them.

I also vouch for natural oils. I've tried everything for clear, luminous skin and the best stuff by far that I have come across is Jessica Laura Organics (used to be known as Raw Gaia). I'm not sure what is going on with her website but she appears to be relaunching under the Jessica Laura Organics name rather than Raw Gaia, so you can contact her through Facebook to order products. Honestly it's the best stuff: all natural, raw and my skin has never looked better. I use her MSM beauty oil and Skin Divinity Cleanser. Amazing stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/jessicalaurauk?pnref=lhc

Olay regenerist is great. I use their 3-point serum and day / night cream. They are often on offer too (like 3 for 2 at boots / superdrugs). I've used more expensive brands before and I prefer Olay. Much cheaper and you can feel the difference after just a week.