Heber School nursery

Hello, it's a pretty small nursery inside unlike others locally , it's actually the smallest school nursery I viewed in Dulwich.

The children are also allowed to mix with the children from reception via the playground and classrooms which a lot parents weren't aware of .

I found it too small personally but others are very happy with it, I opted for Goodrich nursery due to the biggest space and separation from the older children .

Thanks for your reply,

If anyone has children at the nursery and could PM me about their experiences that would be great! My son will be moving from childminders to preschool and will have a new sibling to adapt to at that time too.. Hoping for a smooth transition!

Thanks

Would be really interested to hear peoples views on this too. I have a daughter who currently attends a private nursery but am considering moving her to a school nursery. Her name is down at heber and Goodrich. Wonder if anyone else who moved their children from a private to a school nursery could share their experience of how it worked out

Hi,

My son is at Heber nursery and he loves it. It's small and friendly and the kids are all sweet too.

Downsides are fairly quick rotation of staff since we've been there (son's key worker left, then another teacher left, and sometimes new teaching assistants randomly appear with no warning!)and, following on from that, communication overall isn't a strong point. We've missed letters about various things, but now signed up to Parentmail which is probably what I should have done in the first place!

This sounds really negative I know, but overall I would recommend it; the level of teaching is good, my son is happy and I can tell he's learning because he's holding his pen differently, counting on his fingers, sounding out his letters, etc. All things I know they're meant to be teaching him, so they obviously are and it seems to be working!