Swimming lessons in ED

My 6 year old used to attend Dulwich leisure centre for swimming lessons but we had to pull him out around Summer time for health reasons. Now he has a clean bill of health we want to re-enrol him but lately I have been hearing some not so good reviews about the swim school in Dulwich. Any recommendations for other swimming lessons in the area?

I'm mystified by the not-so-good reviews you mention. My son goes to Dulwich Leisure Centre for swimming lessons - we're happy with it.

But in any case, I think Dulwich Leisure Centre might be full/filling up fast as there seemed to be lot of new people last weekend, transferring over from the Peckham Pulse pool. Apparently the Peckham Pulse pool where the swim lessons take place has closed for renovations.

3rdrock Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm mystified by the not-so-good reviews you

> mention. My son goes to Dulwich Leisure Centre for

> swimming lessons - we're happy with it.

>

To be honest other than how dirty the changing rooms were and how busy the classes got I wasn't that unhappy with the lessons but since I have been looking into re-starting his lessons the feedback I have read and heard from parents who are still enrolled there or have moved their children, aren't particularly great.

I second the comment that I am happy with lessons there, if that helps. Happier than I was with those in Peckham Pulse -- they seem to relate to my child more as an individual and he is progressing more obviously at Dulwich pool. Changing rooms ARE hellish crowded at popular lesson times, but I'm not sure if that's better elsewhere. Often there's a cleaner cleaning the changing rooms during the crowded times (which i imagine are protracted) to try to keep it clean - so there's effort being made there.

Hi Mummydaddyme,

JAGS Sports Club run a full range of children's swimming lessons, starting at Parent & Toddler for children aged 2+yrs up to Pre Club (Stage 7 of the ASA National Plan)

Our summer term will begin week commencing 20th April 2015 and will run for 10 weeks excluding the May half-term.

We run lessons on a Tuesday, Thursday & Friday afternoon as well as Saturday & Sunday morning.

The Club will be taking new bookings on the 9th April for members and 10th for non members.

If you require any further information please do drop me an email and I will be able to give you all the information you require.

[email protected]

Many thanks,

Dean Allard

Sports Development Manager

JAGS Sports Club

We love the forest hill pools. The learner pool is warm and shallow and the staff are friendly. Michael, who my 4.5 year old has, is absolutely brilliant, and the changing rooms are much less hectic than East dulwich (at least during our lessons!).

• 3 years later...