Need advice on a good breast feeding chair for a large baby

PhilD

Hello,

Writing to know if anyone has any recommendations for a comfy chair to be used mainly for breast feeding. Sounds simple but our son is 7 months and 11kg and long with it, so feeding him at night without putting your back out or it being a struggle to get up without waking him if he goes off. Tried a few but no joy so far.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

As a cheaper quicker fix, have you got a breast feeding pillow? I used the Dream Genii but there are loads and found them invaluable as also had three big heavy boys! I found that he would fall asleep curled in the pillow and could then lift the pillow up and plonk him with it in the cot and then unfurl it from him.

Good luck

Another option is to try to feed lying down on your bed-I did this with both of mine when they got a bit bigger. It can make bad habits as I often fell asleep, as did baby, but it saved my back and we were both safe to fall asleep. If you don't fall asleep you can easily scoop baby up to transfer. I had a long first baby and didn't get on with my dutalier as a result so got rid of it...