Well done Bessemer Grange!

F@B

Hi all

As you may know, Bessemer Grange Primary School recently had an Ofsted inspection and we are thrilled with the result, which is Good with Outstanding features.

We absolutely love our school and believe that our children benefit greatly from the hard work and dedication of the teachers and management staff. We are lucky enough to have amazing teaching, varied and regular school trips, excellent results and unique facilities ... but don't take our word for it ... here's the report so that you can read it for yourself!

http://bessemergrangeprimary.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ofsted-2015.pdf

Congratulations Bessemer - We know its a fabulous school. Pleased that all the hard work and commitment put in by the staff and management has been recognised. Outstanding in 3 areas and Good in the other 2 is amazing and well deserved.

landsberger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They should probably expand and offer the Bessemer

> experience to a wider group of parents.

Tounge-in-cheek or a troll? I think it's amazing work on the part of the teachers, school leadership team and partnership with parents to have achieved such a great Ofsted report.

And just in case you didn't know, the school is expanding to 3 form entry and has a new building opening in September to accommodate the change. It's hard to imagine a primary school being any bigger than this.

Bessemer has certainly got bigger since my three children attended and there is a new building being created across the road (which was the original nursery/reception) and so 'bulge' classes could be made this way.

Bessemer are also advertising for staff for the 2 year old provision so they will also have to make room for this somewhere.

how do you know it has the space to bulge? Schools need more than just classroom space to bulge successfully, they need hall space to, to accomodate lunches, assemblies and indoor PE, as well as have enough playground space.

What I would like to know is why a massive school (in terms of space, not number of pupils) like St John's and St Clements doesn't have to bulge - I know that it has 3 humungous halls so can easily accomodate more children, but it can refuse to bulge (and does, as far as I can tell), whilst other schools are cramming children into inappropriate spaces.

Congrats to Bessemer!

Yes, congratulations to Bessemer Grange.

I suppose the Ofsted inspectors know what's happening with the school for the future and as there's a lot of building work going on they would have seen for themselves if more classes could be added.

Also Ofsted must be satisfied that there's enough staff for Bessemer to cope with the classes that are already there and enough staff to cope with lunchtime, P.E. and playground time.