Childcare for a toddler when in labour with number 2?

Our second child's birth isn't too far away and we need a plan for childcare for our toddler as we don't have family nearby. We have some plan B's if we need them but none are ideal (friends who have kids and babies of their own, or work full time, etc). If it happens during the day we could put him in nursery while the grandparents make the 5 hour drive, but we can't count on that.

I saw on here that people recommended Dulwich Childcare in this situation, but I've had no response to my voicemail or email, so I'm thinking it might not be an option.

Amy suggestions?

Try ringing again, Paula is lovely, it's just her and one other so maybe she's away?

I wdnt worry too much, we had same anxieties with number two but you can always take them to hospital worse case scenario or if during the day easier to sort Childcare. Lots of people do emergency Childcare if you do a general search on here a lot of childminders will do a day if you need them at short notice.

Best of luck hope all goes well!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi - have you found anything yet? I got an emergency nanny through Tinies SE London. They sent me cvs of 3 people who could be 'on call' for 6 week period day or night. We got a great person through this service and she was great with my daughter who was nearly 3 at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Sorry to hear your experiences of Dulwich Childcare. We do endeavour to return calls and emails as quickly as we can if we don't answer straight away. I have looked back at emails and cannot reconcile these previous on-call requests, however needless to say this may well be an oversight on my behalf.

We value all our clients and your feedback as local parents. If you feel there is an opportunity for us to provide you with childcare/nanny support, we would very much like to hear from you.

Paula

Web: www.dulwichchildcare.com

Email: [email protected]

Tel. 0208 333 7431

Mob. 0797 136 7974