Nurseries feedback

XIX

Hello,

I know there are quite a few nursery posts out there but would be really grateful for feedback on this specific question if at all possible...

Can anyone recommend either little jungle or gumboots nurseries for a nearly 3 yr old? Alternatively if you have feedback on state nurseries worth considering in east Dulwich and info on their hours of provision, that'd be really helpful.

Thanks a lot!

Hiya, my son has been at Little Jungle since he was 2.5 and we love, love, love it. They are incredibly caring and he has flourished so much there. They use mainly a child-led approach to early childcare, which is just wonderful to let the children explore their world, and develop their social self. As a result, the kids have an amazing thirst for learning - all through play. There are weekly fun language session, yoga and various outings. You probably can tell, I'm a fan and we'll be really sad to leave Little Jungle when my son goes to School in Sept.

Many thanks Mima08 - that's really useful! Have you found that there has been good continuity with staff or is there quite a high turnover? And do the staff have warm relationships with the children?

Does anyone else have any additional comments?

My sons are at Gumboots and love it. In fact one of them gets upset when it is not 'nursery day' as he enjoys it so much. There have been some changes to staff since s new manager started. However there are also staff who have been there for over 20 yrs. all staff, new and 'old' are great. food served each day is great and outdoor space is currently being overhauled a bit - my boys spends most of the day outside. Overall I would definitely recommend it.

Hiya, LJ had staff turnover in the past but since we've there it's not been too bad. I never felt that there wasn't sufficient continuity. They have a nice mix of staff age groups, backgrounds and so on, and I always feel they are very involved with all the children. As I said, we love it, sounds like you have the dilemma of two great choices :)

My child was very unhappy at Gumboots but that was over a year ago; he is very happy at another nursery now. Maybe things have changed or perhaps it was not the right nursery for us; there were lots of things I was not happy with

Hi

My eldest went to Gumboots and my youngest is still there. They both love it! The staff are very caring, the space is great, there do lots of extra things for the kids like pottery, gardening, Spanish lessons, yoga. My youngest goes Mon-Thursday and quite often on a Friday she asks if she can go to nursery. My eldest still enjoys going back and the staff always make a fuss of her. I would highly recommend it.

Good luck

Vicky

Our son is at LJ - we all love it. The communication and feedback between staff and parents is fantastic. I think the owner/managers are completely invested in the nursery and always looking to improve the nursery through new ideas. The expansion this summer means a much bigger garden for the older ones to play in - which will prove a big hit amongst the children no doubt. Good luck with choosing!

• 2 weeks later...