Babies swimming at hydro pool peckham

The pool is re-opening on 25th May, I think. At least we were contacted to say that my daughter's swimming lessons would resume that week.

I think they will open the swim school for general booking once they have contacted everyone who was taking part in lessons before the pool closure.

Hope that helps.

(The hydro pool really is so lovely for babies, and hopefully the accessible changing area is a bit nicer now too - I hope that they will be stricter with buggies in the changing rooms as it can get really filthy when people take them in..)

I'm clearly going to come across as v irritating but, the accessible changing rooms are intended for people with disabilities as I understand it not families. I have to bring my "buggy" in because my nearly 3 year old is unable to walk or stand by himself and I need to be able to pop him safely in his buggy rather than on the wet floor while I get changed after hydrotherapy (he could and would fall off the benches if I left him on them without holding him).

We occasionally end up missing out on the begining of hydrotherapy as parents with young children are using the rooms which are clearly marked as for the use of those with disabilities. And before anyone asks, no having a typically developing younger child is not in any way the same as having a disabled nearly 3 year old.

Recently my lovely nanny had a very unfortunate encouter with one of the staff in Dulwich who wouldn't let her bring the buggy into the changing room. It is unclear to me what we are expected to do, either leave him on a bench where he will fall and hurt himself or leave him on the floor where he will get wet.